Many people in Lafayette take sleep for granted. Sleep seems to be one of the most humble bodily functions, yet it is one of the most important. It rests the mind and rejuvenates the body and prepares both for demanding jobs to be performed during the course of the next day. A lot of people suffer from sleep deprivation, which causes a lot of health problems and disrupts their daily lives.
Millions of dollars are spent in trying to buy a good night sleep with medication, but it turns out that the simplest solution is a good mattress. Tempurpedic mattresses in Lafayette are one of the most highly recommended mattresses for those deprived of sleep. These mattresses are built to ensure good, restful sleep and are especially ideal for those with back problems.
Here are a few more tips which could help you get a refreshing night’s sleep:
1. Set your thermostat to between 65 and 72 degrees. This temperature range has been shown to make you go to sleep faster and stay asleep longer. However, if this temperature is not right for you, you might want to experiment and find the temperature that suits you best.
2. Be disciplined and keep a specific time by which you go to bed each day. Ideally, 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. is a great choice for optimal physical and psychological recovery.
3. If falling asleep is a routine problem for you, you may want to try this breathing technique known for helping people fall asleep. The technique is borrowed from the pranayama, an ancient Indian practice that basically means “regulation of breath”. Just lie down and inhale through your nose for 6 counts, hold for 3 counts, then exhale through your nose for 6 counts, hold for 3 counts, repeat 4 times. You can also count sheep, which can be surprisingly helpful.
4. Avoid consuming caffeine and alcohol in the afternoons and evenings and turn off all your electronic devices, like your cell phone, that could interrupt your sleep.
5. Exercising too late at night will also keep you awake, however exercising for 30 minutes in the morning or afternoon will actually help you fall asleep at night. So avoid exercising in the evening and especially too close to bed time, but be sure to get regular physical activity.
These are just a few ways you can improve the quality of your sleep in Lafayette. Remember it is not only important to fall asleep easily, what is equally important is staying asleep through out the night. Tempurpedic mattresses are one way to make sure you are as comfortable as possible.
For deep and uninterrupted sleep, consider having a look at the Tempurpedic mattresses at the Direct Mattress store in Lafayette.With a wide range of options and great prices, you won’t be disappointed.
Be the first to like.