Pin It

Why Proper Black Mold Removal is Important to your Health

Posted By: alex

If the words black mold scares you, they probably should, especially if you have children or elderly people living in your home. While not all forms of this toxic substance are harmful to your health, a majority of them are, especially stachybotrys. If you do not perform proper black mold removal, you could be putting the health of you and your family at risk.

Symptoms

The mycotoxins that are produced by black mold can be detrimental to several areas of your body, including your neurological, respiratory and circulatory systems. Not everyone who is exposed will experience the same symptoms. Any underlying medical conditions you have, as well as the extent of the exposure, will play a major role in how you or your family members react. Some of the most common symptoms include dizziness, memory problems, breathing issues, such as coughing and wheezing, and issues with the heart, such as palpitations and low blood pressure. The list is extensive regarding the symptoms that can occur and are not always indicative of mold exposure but should be evaluated by a medical professional.

Allergic Reactions

Among the medical issues black mold can cause are allergic reactions. If you or a family member suffers from allergies, the spores that are spread from black mold can exacerbate the issues you already have, including breathing issues, runny or stuffy nose, irritated eyes or an irritated throat.

Symptoms Are Not Permanent

While the symptoms and issues the lack of proper black mold removal can cause are not pleasant, the good news is they are not permanent. Once you have a professional properly contain and remove the substance, as well as help you determine how to prevent it from returning, you should begin to see the unpleasant symptoms disappear. The one aspect of your health that might not recover is your immune system. If it was compromised due to long-term exposure, you could experience a weaker immune system permanently.

Proper black mold removal is essential to the health and wellness of your family. While not all mold is toxic and even when it is, not everyone will react to it, it is still essential to get rid of it as soon as possible. This is especially important in homes that house family members with underlying medical conditions or severe allergies because the mold spores will only exacerbate the symptoms.

Be the first to like.