Did you know that millions of drivers are involved in automobile accidents every year? These accidents are very traumatic for everyone concerned. Most auto accidents are cause due to the negligence of a person or manufacturer flaw. You need to know what to do after an auto accident even before you enlist the services of an Auto Accident Attorney in Bremerton, Washington.
1) If possible, do what you can do get out of the roadway and help anyone else involved move as well. Turn your hazard lights on for safety and put out traffic cones or warning triangles if you have them to prevent further accidents.
2) Exchange information with the other driver. Make sure to get their name, address, phone number, license number, license plate number, and their insurance information. Also gather information about other people with the driver and take down make, model, and year of the vehicle. If any witnesses stop at the scene get their names and contact information for law enforcement. This information will be important to your Auto Accident Attorney in Bremerton.
3) If you can, take pictures at the scene using your cell phone or camera. Do the best you can to take a few snapshots of the damage, the roadway, tires, and other details around the accident. Your Auto Accident Attorney in Bremerton may need these photos later if you have to file a claim for damages and injuries.
4) Talk to law enforcement when they arrive and give your side of the incident. At this time you will likely be asked to file a report. If no law enforcement is called to the scene you should still file a report at the local police station or sheriff’s office just in case. Provide the officer with any information they need.
5) Seek medical help. Even a minor accident can result in injuries you don’t immediately experience. It never hurts to go to the emergency room for a quick check to ensure you have no broken bones or internal bleeding.
All these things need to be done after an automobile accident whether there are serious injuries or not. If you have to file a claim against the negligent party, your Auto Accident Attorney in Bremerton will need all the documentation, reports, pictures, and information you can provide about the accident. You can find out more about auto accidents and representation at Anthonyotto.com.