No matter how great your product is, it might as well not exist if it cannot make it to market. Not only must it arrive on time, but it must also be in pristine condition. Damaged goods can destroy a company’s reputation in a competitive marketplace. Therefore, it becomes essential to ship all materials in the right packaging. For many companies, this consists of wooden crates.
When shipping goods, manufacturers have a variety of different options. While crates and boxes are the most common shipping containers, the material comprising the containers should demand the most attention. Boxes and crates come in a variety of configurations, sizes, and shapes. They are available in:
Among these options, wooden crates and boxes easily prove to be the most reliable.
Wooden packaging finds favor among many manufacturers and shipping companies for a variety of reasons. Five of the most common ones are:
- Strength and Durability: Wooden containers are strong and ideal for goods that are heavy
- Variety: Wood boxes are available in a variety of sizes, shapes, and weights. They are also easy to customize
- Lightweight: Wooden packaging is light in comparison to several options
- Protective: Wooden containers provide the level of protection necessary to ensure goods arrive safely
- Cost effective: After considering all relevant factors, wooden packaging is very cost-effective compared to other packaging
In addition, wooden boxes and crates are easy to assemble and a sustainable means of shipping goods.
Remember, using cheap, ineffective packaging may save money initially. However, it can result in damaged products and cause you to lose a valued customer. Sturdy and reliable, wooden boxes and crates are always ready to withstand the beating that comes with traveling and the not-so-delicate handling by those who transport them. By choosing wooden crates to transport your product, your company ensures the products arrive in mint condition.