Finding the right auto body shop is rarely a simple matter. If you live in Missoula, Montana, you know how hard it can be to make a snap decision when your vehicle dies or makes a funny noise. Imagine the difficulty of making such a choice following an accident. Actually, the very first rule in finding a reputable auto repair shop is NOT to make a snap decision. If you have any type of vehicle, you need to look for a reputable shop well in advance of any problems occurring.
What to Consider
When looking for the right shop to handle repairs and/or other maintenance or cosmetic work, it is important to look at the matter objectively. Select at least three shops. Make a list you can check off for each you consider. A basic list indicating the good points of a reliable auto body shop must contain the following:
• The right certifications from the manufacturer of your vehicle
• State and national association certification
• Warranties – Do they offer them for their work?
• Parts – Do they use original, used or aftermarket components?
• Technology: Do they have the latest? Do they know how to use it appropriately?
• Security – Is it safe to leave your vehicle there? What security measures does the shop have in place?
• Reputation – Read reviews and ask around about the shop’s reputation in Missoula and beyond
Be sure to ask other questions. These should focus on estimates and the length of the average repair.
Finding a Reputable Auto Body Shop
Whether you live in Missoula or Miami, finding a reputable auto body shop can be challenging. Always check credentials, reputation, certification and other aspects before leaving your vehicle. Make sure you obtain at least three estimates and, above all, do your due diligence BEFORE your car needs repair work.