Using a Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) educational approach to address students’ individual academic and behavioral growth has become a more urgent need due to the effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on academics, social-emotional learning and mental health. However, teachers’ increased stress and burnout has made delivering these programs even more challenging in many schools. School leaders are looking for a turnkey MTSS education solution that is effective and easy to implement given the limited time and capacity of staff in an already crowded academic school day.
Tier 1 & 2 for Students in Elementary School
EmpowerU was designed to work within the MTSS behavior framework, without a heavy lift from staff or the need for additional hires. It expands the capacity of any school’s student support teams and MTTS to support Tier 1 and Tier 2 students. The highly personalized programs are centered on students and focused on measurable, trackable outcomes. The Tier 1 curriculum includes:
- Plug-and-play solution without the need for teacher prep
- Eleven lessons differentiated by grade level with group instruction, journal time and activities to apply learning for retention
- Includes teacher training, pre and post data per classroom as well as weekly online exercises
The Tier 2 SEL program provides targeted intervention for grades 3-5, including:
- A six-week online course that includes goal setting and progress tracking
- Two engaging 30-minute online lessons per week to help students master resilience concepts
- 1:1 EmpowerU instructor support
- Pre- to post-intervention growth data on each student that can be used as part of MTSS evaluations
Elementary students who complete EmpowerU’s programs become more self-directed and confident learners with the ability to thrive in the face of adversity.
Tier 1 & 2 for Students in Secondary School
One in three students struggle with social-emotional barriers that make it difficult for them to focus and learn. Middle and high school students need Tier 1 and 2 support that is focused on helping them succeed.
EmpowerU’s Tier 1 SEL curriculum for grades 6-10 provides:
- Turnkey curriculum delivered through the EmpowerU platform, with little to no teacher prep
- Daily exercises tailored to each grade level
- Engaging activities and resources to help students internalize learning
- Streamlined teacher training and minimal daily prep
The Tier 2 intervention for grades 6-12 includes:
- Independent course study with 6- and 12-week options
- Daily online lessons and 1:1 personalized coaching with highly-trained EmpowerU instructors
- Students set goals in four areas – personal, emotional, social and academic. Students and schools can easily track goal process on the EmpowerU platform
Together with schools, EmpowerU enhances MTSS education with a tiered SEL program that is accessible, equitable, effective and affordable. We partner with school and district leaders every day to increase capacity for school-wide SEL, provide a targeted intervention for struggling students and report the data-rich results of the SEL investment.
Take the Next Step — Call or Click Today
Go to EmpowerU at https://empoweru.education/ or call (612) 520-1542 and ask about MTSS Education and SEL programs.