Naturopathic medicine makes use of a comprehensive approach to treating illnesses with natural remedies and therapies. It is a unique blend of natural and traditional medicines in which you are completely involved in all your treatment options. Unlike most traditional medicine where the focus is on treating the symptoms, naturopathic medicine in Whitby focuses on finding and treating the underlying cause of your illness.
- Nutrition is primary. You may be proscribed a special diet which can include minerals, vitamins, and other supplements that your naturopath might recommend. There is a proven correlation between your diet and your health. It is true that the better you eat the better you tend to look and feel
- A time-honored tradition in naturopathic medicine is acupuncture. Very tiny needles are placed in different parts of the body which are connected to certain organs. In cases of infertility and gall bladder issues, among a host of others, there are spots on your feet that are able to increase and improve function.
- Another facet is the use of plant-based potions and teas. This is referred to as botanical medicine and can be highly effective.
- Naturopaths do not only treat your body but delve into your lifestyle and can make solid recommendations that allow you to be in the best emotional health.
- Some of the recommended treatments can involve massage, yoga, traction and hydrotherapy.
Some of the common conditions that can be treated include:
- Depression, anxiety and insomnia.
- Eczema and acne.
- PMS and menopause.
- Fibromyalgia and other chronic painful conditions.
Mixing Natural and Traditional Medicine
By no means is this intended to get you to stop seeing your regular physician. Natural treatments are meant to complement traditional means of healing. With the rising costs of doctor and hospital visits this is a proven way of treating you. At Sloan Natural Health Center, which was created by Dr. David Sloan because he believes in the properties of non-invasive natural healing, you will be treated like family.
Click here for more information about Naturopathic Medicine Withby