When a pet becomes ill, a proper diagnosis is a must for ensuring the right treatments can be carried out. With proper Veterinary Diagnostics in Alexandria, an animal’s life can be protected. It is essential pet owners learn as much as they can about these services, so they will be prepared to take care of their pet and get them the medical services they need.
How Are Pets Properly Diagnosed?
Just like humans, animals can become ill or injured with very little notice. When a medical issue arises or an injury occurs, it is essential owners take their pet to the vet for Veterinary Diagnostics in Alexandria. Veterinarians use a wide array of tools to help them properly diagnose animals in their care. The following offers information on some of these tools.
* Blood testing can be used to check the animal’s blood count, for bacteria, and for parasites, so it is an essential tool for diagnostics.
* Urinalysis allows the vet to check an animal’s urine for bacteria, blood, and signs of certain types of diseases. Just like blood testing, urinalysis is a test that must be carried out to determine the health issues an animal is suffering from.
* Fecal examinations are also an important part of Veterinary Diagnostics in Alexandria. A fecal examination will allow a veterinarian to learn if a pet has worms or other parasites that need to be addressed with medical intervention. Without prompt treatment, an animal can become very ill.
* X-rays allow veterinarians to check for internal damages to the animal. These digital images can reveal broken bones and aid in helping diagnose a wide array of medical conditions in animals.
* Ultrasound testing is sometimes needed to detect internal damage, tumors, bleeding, and other medical issues that can be dangerous if not properly diagnosed. An ultrasound allows the veterinarian to see real-time moving pictures of the internal organs, so a proper diagnosis can be reached.
Schedule an Appointment
If your pet is seriously ill or has been injured, seeing the veterinarian is a must. With prompt treatment, a beloved pet can be properly cared for, so their health will be protected. Visit us now for further information.