Obtaining bail for a loved one or friend who is in a difficult situation can be challenging and overwhelming during an emotional time of anger, confusion, and even embarrassment. Understanding how bail companies and surety bonds work is similar to learning a new skill a process that can be frustrating. However, there are a few important tips to know about what surety bonds are and how to find the best bond company to work with.
What Is a Surety Bond?
Surety Bonds in Floyd County GA are complicated, and it may seem like there are many difficult laws and regulations related to them, but you should begin by first gaining an understanding of the basics. A surety bond involves the following three people:
- The principal, or the person who needs the bond
- The oblige, or the justice system in this situation, which is the party that requires the stated amount of money
- The surety, also known as the bail company, which issues the money and forms the bond
You should expect to fill out paperwork and sign bond forms and supporting documents such as financial statements and sometimes resumes. Usually, an amount under $25,000 will not be difficult to obtain and the process is relatively quick, but for larger amounts, there is a more in-depth process. Surety bonds are a legal agreement that is contingent on the principal attending all required court dates and eventually paying the surety back for the amount of money borrowed, as well as any discussed fees.
Three Steps That Your Bond Company Should Take
Before even beginning the discussion about bail amount and how much of a bond is required, a reputable company should be able to answer any questions and make you feel comfortable about the upcoming process. They should provide you with the following assurances:
- The company you choose should be clear about the process and present a checklist of required documents and actions.
- Any fees, whether in set dollar amounts or percentages, should be listed up front and all questions you have should be addressed.
- Most importantly, a great bond company should be ready to move quickly at any point to get you or your loved one out of jail as soon as they receive the proper paperwork.
If you still have questions, visit our website for a phone number that you can call at any time or for the online contact form that is monitored regularly.
Visit the website at Corntasselbondingcompany.com