A new puppy is a great addition to any family! One of the first orders of making your new fur baby at home is to ensure that you arrange for a visit to a veterinary hospital in Harwood Heights. A vet can help you to gather the information you need to provide the best care for your puppy. The vet you choose can help you to learn more about how to care for your new puppy and become a partner in their care!
Seven Questions to Ask Your Veterinarian
1. If you did not adopt a specific breed, you may want to ask them what breed of dog you have.
2. If they are a particular breed, you should ask them questions on the breed or where you can find more information about the breed.
3. With puppies that come from one or more type of breed, you may want to ask how big you can expect them to grow.
4. You will want to find out what vaccinations they need and when you should schedule them.
5. If you plan on spaying or neutering the puppy, you will want to know how old they have to be before you can.
6. What products do they recommend to help treat fleas, ticks, and other parasites that puppies may have?
7. What microchipping is and how you would benefit from having one installed into your puppy.
Schedule Your First Appointment Today with a Well-Known Clinic
It is important to schedule your puppy’s first visit to a vet as soon as you can. This will allow for the vet to do a quick examination to determine the pup’s health. Portage Park Animal Hospital & Dental Clinic has over 30 years of experience working with both young and old dogs. Their skilled staff can provide you with the information you need to provide your new puppy with the care it requires.