Bail bonding is a very old concept, dating back to the Middle Ages. A Sheriff (think of Robin Hood and the Sheriff of Nottingham) would hold someone in his dungeon until the proper ransom (bail) was handed over. There were no rules as to the amount or how long the person could be held. It was all left up to the Sheriff to decide. Fortunately, that is no longer the case in the U.S., although prisoners are still held indefinitely and without bail in much of the world. However, in the U.S., a Bail Bond Agent is often able to get someone released from jail in a few hours.
What to Do if You’ve Been Arrested
- Use the jail phone and call a friend or relative to arrange for bail. The sooner the process is started, the better.
- Ask the person you call to do a little research first and find a licensed
- Bail Bond Agent in Midwest City Oklahoma
- There are some bogus companies. Check the address in Google or Yahoo and make sure it exists. Try to find a bail bond company In Midwest City Oklahoma that has been in business for years.
- Call and ask questions. A reputable company is willing to explain the process to you.
How Does the Bail Bond Process Work?
- Instead of going through a bail bond agent, the defendant can pay the full amount of the bail to the Court. This is called a cash bond.
- Most people use a bail bondsman, who purchases a surety bond on behalf of the defendant. The defendant (or someone else) makes financial arrangements with the bail bondsman and pays a set fee to the bail bonding company.
- If the defendant shows up in court as scheduled, nothing further is owed to the bail bond company.
- If the defendant “skips” or doesn’t show up in court, the bail bond agent is responsible to the court for the full amount of the bail. They are financially motivated to ensure that the defendant is in court when scheduled.
Ken Boyer Jr. followed in his father’s footsteps when he became Corporate President of Ken Boyer Bail Bonds. He is a professional bail bondsman, meaning that no one’s release is delayed by an out of state insurance company waiting to approve the bond. When it’s really important to get out of jail, call professional Bail Bond Agent in Midwest City Oklahoma.