It is far from the truth if you are told that all phone systems are created equal, they are not. Technical limitations and different levels of design capability make the systems far different than what they might appear to be on the surface. There are many manufacturers, many of which claim their products to have the same features as the best of the best, however they are not.
As an example of the differences that abound in phone systems. The best systems will use single key strokes, the equipment will have intuitive functions and will have interactive prompts imbedded in the equipment to help you execute the tasks that the phone is capable of. A phone that may appear the same may take multiple key strokes to perform tasks, even the simplest such as call transfer, conference call set-up and voice mail retrieval. They are not intuitive and they lack prompts.
When different phone system proposals are being reviewed, the executive needs to ask three basic questions:
- Does these systems have all the features and functions my business needs?
- Is the system easy and intuitive in its use?
- Can the dealer take me to a satisfied customer where I can see the system in use?
Reliable phone systems are very much at the core of a company’s communication needs. The choices are huge and at times it is hard to cut through the clutter and get right to the heart of the system. In a corporate phone system the only thing that counts is the productivity you get from the system. The best system is the system that delivers the most value when your needs and budget are taken into account. You need functions that save time, increase revenue and profit and help in building and maintaining customer relationships and confidence.
Regardless of the size of your company or its financial capability, there are phone systems that will fit your specific situation. Every business has a few of the basic communication needs and most phone systems provide them. Such features as voice mail, programmable keys and the basic hold/call transfer functions are common. To augment these basic features, modern systems can have a dazzling array of features such as:
- Caller ID on all calls which allows for instant call-back
- An automated call greeter with the ability to route calls to the department quickly.
- Instantly records calls with the push of a button
- Instant call forwarding, even to cell phones and phones off the network, the system can follow you wherever you go.
- Can use the internet as well as the phone line for tele-worker and branch office communications
Be the first to like.